We operate an ‘advanced access’ system of appointments. If you wish to be seen in the morning please ring at 8am and if you wish to have an afternoon or evening appointment then ring at 12pm.
- To book an appointment ring our main switchboard number:
01474 356661 – The Shrubbery Surgery
01474 363020 – Riverview Park Surgery
- You will be offered an URGENT appointment via telephone triage service by calling on the day after 8am.
The surgery will no longer be able to offer appointments for patients that attend/queue at the surgery.
- Please remember that we are a very busy practice; we cannot have enough telephone lines so you may have difficulty getting through at times.
- Tell us if you want someone to accompany you during an examination. Please remember that the results of tests can only be given to the patient. If you have mobility problems please inform the staff before they make the appointment as some of our consulting rooms are on an upper floor.
- Please let us know if more than one person in the family needs to be seen. We can give you a longer appointment if necessary.
- Nurses in our practice treat patients for a wide range of conditions. All these appointments can be booked in advance.
How you can help us:
- Be on time for your appointment
- Tell us if you need to cancel
- Call for a home visit before 10.30am
- Ring for test results after 2pm
Not all problems require an appointment with a doctor and can easily be managed by a telephone call from the doctor. Please ask the receptionist for a call back from the doctor if you have a problem that does not need a face to face consultation.
Our surgery is accessible to patients using a wheelchair. For patients with hearing problems, we use the ‘hearing loop’ system. We can arrange interpretation and translation services in person or by phone for patients who do not speak English. Please let us know if you need this service when booking an appointment.
We aim to treat our patients courteously at all times and expect our patients to treat our staff in a similarly respectful way. We operate a zero tolerance policy and take seriously any threatening, abusive or violent behaviour against any of our staff or patients. If a patient is violent or abusive, they will be warned to stop their behaviour. If they persist we will remove them from our list of patients.